This is an Application not a Confirmation.
We have many Returning Krew Members every year, and we wait for them to apply for the current year.
We will contact you within a month of your application submission to let you know what your status is.
Thanks for your Patience!
If you are Confirmed as a Krew Member, You will receive a Confirmation Letter, or if you aren’t added to a Krew you will receive a Waiting List Letter.
Thanks for your Interest! Peace.
For the safety of all concerned the Kate Wolf Music Festival has decided that all staff and volunteers will be required to be vaccinated. We are not accepting applications from those that wish to remain unvaccinated and rely upon a negative test within 48 hours of arrival to the festival grounds.
Two ways you can spread the news about this year’s festival:
- Like our Facebook page and share our page with your friends and ask them to like it too. Here’s the link: www.facebook.com/KateWolfMusicFestival
- Join our official event page and invite all of your friends to join.
Here’s the link: www.facebook.com/events/KWMF2022/
Thank you for joining with us to make this years Kate Wolf Music Festival the best ever. It’s going to be a stellar event and we couldn’t do it without you.
From all of us at Backroads Productions and Black Oak Ranch
Be a Krew Member For The KATE WOLF MUSIC FESTIVAL – Get Involved
KATE WOLF MUSIC FESTIVAL 2022:
Keeping Peace & Music Alive for the Next Generation
Kate Wolf Music Festival Volunteer Coordinator
e-mail questions or inquiries to Kerry at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the following information and then click on the link below to fill out a Volunteer Application/Agreement Form.
- KATE WOLF MUSIC FESTIVAL ENTHUSIASTS. Thanks for your help in presenting our annual offering of music in remembrance of Kate’s Music and Life. We appreciate your ongoing enthusiasm for the challenge of managing and enjoying a peaceful gathering of 4,000 souls for four days. Each year we work to make it smoother, safer, and more fun. Have you ever wondered how you can get more involved with Festivals, meet other Festival enthusiasts and help the Festival? Here’s a great way.
Become a Festival Krew Member.
- WHAT’S INVOLVED:
Krew Members work a total of twenty-four (24) hours during the Festival;
Or a total of thirty-six (36) hours total if working
before or after, and not during the Event. (June 23-26, 2022)
- SKILLS & TRAINING:
We are always in need of responsible Krew Members.We are looking for talented, energetic, enthusiastic folks who love Festivals to help maintain the high quality of this annual event. We are looking for folks with all sorts of different skills. Prior Festival Experience is a Plus. Most Festival Barter Krew jobs do not require specialized skills (there are a few exceptions & will be noted). All Krew Members must contact their Coordinator who is responsible for scheduling & coordinating them & making sure their area runs smoothly. Training occurs at one of two group meetings at the Festival Site in June; First at the Festival General Meeting at 9 pm and then at Individual Krew Meetings. The Individual Krew Meetings can be scheduled before or after the General Meeting, check with your Coordinator. (Wednesday, June 22, 2022)
Festival Krew Members receive one (1) All Weekend pass to the festival (a $450 value) & free camping in Barter Krew Kamp. Krew Members who want to give more time can.
- WHAT CAN I BE A KREW MEMBER FOR? There are MANY different types of jobs for which we need Krew Members for at the Festival, ranging from Parking Lot Crew, to Security, to Kitchen, etc. There are also many different options for WHEN you work.
- BARTER KREW CODE OF ETHICS: As a Kate Wolf Music Festival Krew Member:1. I realize that I am subject to a code of ethics similar to that which binds the professionals in any field. I, like them, assume certain responsibilities & expect to account for what I do in terms of what I am expected to do. I will honor the goals, rules, & regulations of the festival.2. I interpret “Barter Krew Member” to mean that I have been accepted as a “partner-in-service” & I expect to do my work according to standards set out by the festival organizers. I understand that the shirt (marked staff) is my uniform. I will refrain from using alcohol and/or drugs before or during my work shifts, or at any time while wearing my staff shirt. I understand that as a Krew member, I represent the Kate Wolf Music Festival and will act in a manner that reflects positively on the event.3. I promise to take to my work an attitude of open mindedness, to be willing to be trained for it, & to bring to it my interest & attention. I believe my attitude toward Krew work should be professional. I believe that I have an obligation to my work, to those who direct it, to my colleagues, & to the public.Being eager to contribute all that I can to the goals of the festival, I accept this code of ethics, to be followed carefully & cheerfully.
- BARTER KREW OBLIGATIONS:Krew Members are one of the mainstays of this festival – without their dedication & effort, we could not put the Festival on each year. Each Krew Member represents the “face” of the Kate Wolf Music Festival & thereby is an ambassador for our organization. Kate Wolf Music Festival expects that they will be enthusiastic, friendly, helpful & professional at all times during their Krew shifts. It will be important to report on time & ready to work to all shifts to which you have been assigned.In addition, Krew Members are required to:
* Sign & return one copy of their Festival Krew Member Application/Contract/Waiver when they check in.
* Attend both of the Training Meetings held at the Festival site (Black Oak Ranch). Attendance at our General Krew meeting is mandatory for all Krew Members & indicates a Krew Member’s commitment to completing their job assignment. Individuals who miss the training meetings & do not communicate with their Area Coordinator are subject to being replaced.General Meeting is held at 9 pm Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at Black Oak Ranch.
Check with Coordinator for Krew Meeting Times.
- BECOMING A FESTIVAL KREW MEMBER:Thanks for your interest, If your krew choice is available, and/or a krew that you have the appropriate skills for, a Coordinator will contact you, or you will get an e-mail letting you know that you have been confirmed or you are on the Waiting List. You are not confirmed until contacted. If you would like to apply, please complete the on-line Application Form.(bottom of page) The application form will be available until all positions are filled.
- RETURNING KREW MEMBERS:Krew Member numbers in each Department are strictly limited. In order to give returning Krew Members priority, applications are open for a short time for returning Krew Members only. After this time, the applications will be open for both new & returning Krew Members.If you are a returning Krew Member & wish to work in the same department as last year, please complete the Krew Member application form online. An email confirming your application will be sent to you from the Barter Krew Coordinator. Your details will be passed onto the Co-ordinator of your selected area, who will then contact you.If you are a returning Krew Member wishing to work in a different department, please complete the Krew Member application form online & indicate your preferences of departments. The Barter Krew Co-ordinator will discuss these possible changes with you & then forward your details onto the relevant Co-ordinator. Please note that the Barter Krew Co-ordinator will make every effort to place you in your preferred ‘new’ department, however, positions are limited & returning Krew Members remaining in the same department will be given priority.Arrival Time: No Early Arrivals unless requested to do so. All Krew Members must attend the Krew/Staff Orientation Meeting on Wednesday, June 21, at 9 pm at Black Oak Ranch.
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:* Develop a community and ask questions. Our attitude will be one of openness, friendliness and respect toward all people and the environment around us.
* Check in at designated area 15 minutes before scheduled shift. Be prepared to work your shift when reporting for duty. Bring water, snacks, appropriate clothing, wear sunscreen, wear a hat, wear comfortable shoes, and be prepared for any kind of weather, etc. and a flashlight (if nighttime) when coming on your shift.
* Please camp in designated areas. Be prepared. Bring essential camping gear.
* Respect the Fire Lanes. Any vehicles or tents blocking fire lanes will be removed.
* Swim at your own risk. As always, Please be respectful of the natural environment. Please Do Not use any soap or shampoo in or near the river.
* For ecological, economical and other practical reasons, Carpooling is strongly encouraged. There’s an Impact Fee of $20 per Car, & $60 per RV. We’ll collect the fee on site.
* No Animals.
* No vehicle ins and outs.
* Pack out what you pack in. Recycle. Recycle. Recycle.
* Please bring your eating & drinking utensils, we have the ability to wash our dishes rather than add to the landfill.
* No Campfires at all. No Vending, especially food or drugs.
* Be knowledgeable about where facilities are (water, toilet, security, fire suppression and communication equipment, etc.)
* If using a radio, state the person’s name you are contacting, your name, and your purpose. Keep it brief.
* Bring a portable radio to listen to Sunset Radio at FM 88.1
* Be Safe
* Have Fun, care for one another, and help make it work and REMEMBER TO WIGGLE
If you have any questions, please E-mail Kerry at email@example.comTHANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN MAKING THIS A SUCCESSFUL EVENT
- 2022 Kate Wolf Festival Volunteer application – apply here.